Monday, March 25, 2013

TV Addict


Sometimes I forget how much You love me.

I get caught up in weekly activities and daily stresses that all those little things You do just kind of… fade away… into the background. 

And then, suddenly, in a quiet moment, I remember. How gracious You are. How You helped me find my keys; how You made sure I didn't get sick the first time I went on a hike up in Arkansas; how You helped me to fall in love with the Sabbath; how You made sure I had enough food in the house; how You gave me another friend when the others were busy; how You taught me a valuable lesson that may have cost me $50 but it was totally worth it; how You helped me find my ultrasound pics and helped me to remember my dreams of a little baby girl.

Keeping You on my mind and a prayer in my heart seems so easy on Sabbath, probably bc I’m listening to gospel music all day and refuse to watch secular TV. Obviously, watching so much TV is what’s contributing to my forgetfulness.  The only question is: should I gradually wean myself from tv addictions or cut myself off cold-turkey?


I counted up the time I would spend watching tv this week, and it adds up to a full 24 hours.  An entire day wasted on watching other people.  I’ll do enough of that in the spirit world when I’m dead.  Hmmmmm- maybe cut out one show a month. Something that I know I can do without- like “Real Husbands of Hollywood” and “Cougar Town”
       

No comments:

Post a Comment